10 -12 servings
How to cook Tea-Smoked Salmon with Wasabi Remoulade
- 1 side skinless salmon fillet (5 to 6 pounds), pin bones removed
Sake Ginger Brine:
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sake
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup kosher (coarse) salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted whole Szechuan peppercorns
Wasabi Cucumber Remoulade:
- 6 tablespoons pommery mustard
- 2 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, green parts only
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 cups jasmine tea
- For Sake Ginger Brine: In medium bowl, combine water, sake, sugar, salt, ginger and peppercorns. Stir until salt and sugar have dissolved. Place fish in salmon poacher. Pour liquid over salmon; cover and allow to brine, refrigerated, at least 2 hours. Remove fish from poacher; allow to dry at least 2 hours.
- For Wasabi Cucumber Remoulade: In food processor, combine mustard, wasabi paste, garlic and vinegar. While the processor is running, slowly drizzle in the canola oil until an emulsion is formed. Remove mayonnaise-like mixture from processor and place in a non-reactive stainless-steel bowl. Fold in cucumbers, scallions and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To Smoke Salmon: Clean poacher. Place 2 overturned ramekins on either side of the inside of the poacher. Line interior of poacher up to the rim with foil, making sure foil is placed over ramekins. Repeat with another piece of foil. Add sugar, rice and jasmine tea to foil-lined poacher; cover and heat over medium heat until rice mixture begins to smoke. Place salmon on top of poaching rack, lower into the poacher. Reduce heat to low and smoke salmon, covered, 15 minutes. Turn off heat and smoke salmon an additional 15 minutes. (Salmon should be cooked to 160°F for at least 30 minutes.)
- Serve the Tea-Smoked Salmon with Wasabi Cucumber Remoulade, sliced cucumber, sliced French bread and guttered fresh figs.
The Tea-Smoked Salmon with Wasabi Remoulade recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Tea-Smoked Salmon with Wasabi Remoulade serves/makes: 10 -12 servings
The Tea-Smoked Salmon with Wasabi Remoulade recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Fish Celebrate: Members’ Greatest Recipes.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Smoked