How to cook Teriyaki Salmon Sandwich with Grilled Pineapple
- 2 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce plus a little more to drizzle on after baking
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 fresh pineapple rings
- Olive oil (for grill)
- Mango Habanero Coleslaw (see the recipe below)
- 2 sandwich buns
Mango Habanero Coleslaw Ingredients:
- Combine teriyaki sauce, honey, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice in a large zip-lock bag.
- Stir or shake around to mix. Add salmon fillets to the bag and seal closed. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- While waiting on the salmon you can make your coleslaw (see the recipe below).
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto a paper towel and rub down the cooking grid on your grill. Heat grill on low-medium setting. Once hot add your pineapple rings. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until they have light brown grill marks and feel hot all the way through.
- Once salmon is finished marinating, line a baking sheet with foil and turn on broiler setting on your oven. Place salmon (skin side down) on prepared baking sheet and set on the middle rack of the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle a little bit of the teriyaki sauce on top of the fillet. Use the back of a spoon to spread easier.
- Move your oven rack to the upper 3-rd of the oven and place salmon back into broil for 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from oven and remove skin. It should easily peel away if cooked thoroughly.
- Place on sandwich bun, add pineapple ring, and top with a few heaping spoonfuls of Mango Habanero Coleslaw and serve. Also good with a few slices of avocado.
How to cook Mango Habanero Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 habanero, ribbed, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 bag (16 ounces) shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from one lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves
- In a small sauce pan, combine mango, onion, habanero, vinegar, sugar, and water. Cover and heat on low-medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until mango has softened.
- While waiting on the mango mixture to cook, combine coleslaw mix, mayo, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place garlic cloves in a blender or food processor and puree for 10 seconds or until garlic is minced.
- Transfer the mango mixture to the food processor and puree until smooth.
- Scrape mango mixture into bowl with coleslaw mix and toss until completely mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- This can also be made the night before and will keep up to 4 or 5 days.
The Teriyaki Salmon Sandwich
with Grilled Pineapple and Mango Habanero Coleslaw recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Teriyaki Salmon Sandwich with Grilled Pineapple serves/makes: 2 sendwich
The Teriyaki Salmon Sandwich with Grilled Pineapple and Mango Habanero Coleslaw recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Sandwich