How to cook Terrapin or Turtle Soup
- 1 pound frozen terrapin or turtle meat
- 2 scallions, washed and sliced (include tops)
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 1 envelope instant beef broth (4.5 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the terrapin or turtle meat in a large, heavy kettle.
- Add the scallions and 1 1/2 quarts water. Simmer together gently for 2 hours.
- Remove the terrapin or turtle meat from the broth, and dice. Return to the broth.
- Add 1 quart water, instant beef broth, and the salt, and simmer for 2 hours longer or until the meat is tender.
- Serve the Terrapin or Turtle Soup hot.
The Terrapin or Turtle Soup recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Terrapin or turtle meat is available from specialty meat and game farms. Turtle has a rich flavor and a delicate texture that is truly unique.
This recipe for Terrapin or Turtle Soup serves/makes: 4
The Terrapin or Turtle Soup recipe is adopted from The Art of American Indian Cooking - 1965.
Main Ingredient: Wild Game
(more Wild Game
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew