How to cook Thai Coconut Fish Curry
- 1 pound pollock or tilapia fillets
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder (optional, adjust to taste preferences)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat oil. Add onions, peppers, and garlic, and saute over mediumhigh heat until softened.
- Add tomatoes and spices.
- Chop fish into bite-sized pieces and add to tomato mixture. Simmer 5-7 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Add coconut milk and simmer until fish has been cooked through and mixture has reduced slightly (7-10 min).
- Serve the Thai Coconut Fish Curry over steamed white rice.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 55 mins
The Thai Coconut Fish Curry recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
The light sweetness of the coconut milk really adds an extra dimension to the bright, acidic tomatoes. The mild white fish just soaks up all the wonderful curry flavors.
This recipe for Thai Coconut Fish Curry serves/makes: 3 servings
The Thai Coconut Fish Curry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered