8 - 10
How to cook Thai Crisp Fried Anchovies with Peanuts
- 1 pound dried anchovies, heads removed
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil or peanut oil
- 1 pound peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a wok or frying pan heat the oil and fry the peanuts in 3 batches, stirring continuously, for 4 minutes each time.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander or on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Use the same oil to fry the dried anchovies in 3 batches, for 3-4 minutes each time.
- Drain in the same way. Allow to become cold, then mix well together and put in an airtight container.
- Add the cayenne, if desired, and shake well to mix. It will keep for up to 2 weeks.
The Thai Crisp Fried Anchovies with Peanuts recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Thai name for this recipe is Goreng Teri Dan Kacang
This recipe for Thai Crisp Fried Anchovies with Peanuts serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Thai Crisp Fried Anchovies with Peanuts (Goreng Teri Dan Kacang) recipe is adopted from The Thai Cuisine By Keo Sananikone.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed