How to cook Thai Fish Cakes with Cucumber Dip
- 12 ounces whitefish fillets, skinned
- 2 dried kaffir lime leaves, soaked*
- 1 small onion
- 3 thick slices gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander or cilantro
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 inches piece lemon grass
- 1 green chili, seeded
- 3 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 8 fresh green beans, very thinly sliced
- Cooking oil for frying
- Thai Cucumber Dip (see the recipe below), to serve
Thai Cucumber Dip Ingredients:
- Drain kaffir lime leaves and shred very finely, discarding the stiff central rib.
- In a food processor combine onion, gingerroot, coriander or cilantro, garlic, lemon grass, and green chili. Cover and process till smooth.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into cubes and add to mixture in food processor. Cover and process till smooth. Add cold water, egg, and fish sauce. Cover and process till smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Stir in green beans and shredded lime leaves till well combined.
- Add enough oil to a large skillet to cover bottom. Heat oil. Drop tablespoonsful of fish mixture into hot oil. Fry till golden brown and thoroughly cooked, turning to brown evenly.
- Remove with a small wire strainer or slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towers and serve immediately with Cucumber Dip.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh coriander or cilantro.
How to cook Thai Cucumber Dip
- 1 cucumber (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
The Thai Fish Cakes with Cucumber Dip recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
*Soak kaffir lime leaves for at least 15 minutes in hot water.
This recipe for Thai Fish Cakes with Cucumber Dip serves/makes: 24 cakes
The Thai Fish Cakes with Cucumber Dip recipe is adopted from The Thai Cuisine By Keo Sananikone.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed