About 2 dozen fish cakes
How to cook Thai Fish Cakes with Cucumber Relish
- 1 1/2 pounds hake (cod or halibut) fillets
- 2 tablespoons Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste*
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup green bean, cut into very thin, little round slices
- Peanut or vegetable oil, for pan frying
- Cucumber Relish, to serve (recipe follows)
Cucumber Relish Ingredients:
- Using a food processor grind fish into chunks. Do not over process and turn into a paste.
- Combine all ingredients. Form into about 2 dozen small balls.
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour**.
- Flatten balls gently into patties.
- Heat oil and fry about 2 minutes per side, turn only once.
- Drain on paper towers and serve immediately with Cucumber Relish.
How to cook Cucumber Relish
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (use caution when handling chilies)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 to 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sushi vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Thai Fish Sauce or salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Taste and adjust flavorings.
The Thai name for Fish Cakes recipe is Tod Man Pla.
The Thai Fish Cakes with Cucumber Relish recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
*Thai red curry paste is available at most larger supermarkets or at Asian markets. If you cannot find it, substitute a few tablespoons of mild to medium hot curry powder.
**It is absolutely necessary to chill the fish ball before pan-frying or the patties will fall apart while cooking.
This recipe for Thai Fish Cakes with Cucumber Relish serves/makes: About 2 dozen fish cakes
The Thai Fish Cakes with Cucumber Relish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed