How to cook Thai Fried Pomfret
- 1 white pomfret weighing about 1 1/3 pounds
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 3 cups cooking oil for frying
Thai Chili Fish Sauce (Nam Pla Phrik Ma-Nao) Ingredients:
- Wash and clean the pomfret, score the flesh on both sides, and flour it with the tapioca flour.
- Pour the oil into a wok on medium heat, and when it is hot, fry the pomfret golden brown on both sides then, remove from the oil, drain, and serve with the Chili Fish Sauce (see below) and fresh vegetables.
How to cook Thai Chili Fish Sauce (Nam Pla Phrik Ma-Nao)
- 3-4 hot chillies, sliced thin
- 1-2 shallots, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
Mix well all sauce ingredients together and serve in a small bowl.
The Thai name for Fried Pomfret recipe is Pla Jalamet Khao Thot.
This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Thai Fried Pomfret serves/makes: 4
The Thai Fried Pomfret recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pomfret
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed