8 - 10
How to cook Thai Hot Chile Relish with Dried Anchovies
- 1 pound dried anchovies, heads removed
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3/4 pound pepper flakes
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat the 1/2 cup oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the dried anchovies in 2 or 3 batches, stirring continuously, for 4 minutes each time. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander lined with paper towels. Let cool, then pound in a mortar with a pestle until the anchovies are coarsely ground.
- Discard the oil and wipe the wok or frying pan clean with a paper towel. Heat the 2 tablespoons oil, fry the pepper flakes together with the shallots and garlic, stirring continuously, for 2-3 minutes. Then add the anchovies, and stir for another minute. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels and let cool.
- Store it in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
The Thai Hot Chile Relish with Dried Anchovies recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Thai name for this recipe is Sambal Bubuk Teri
This recipe for Thai Hot Chile Relish with Dried Anchovies serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Thai Hot Chile Relish with Dried Anchovies (Sambal Bubuk Teri) recipe is adopted from The Thai Cuisine By Keo Sananikone.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed