How to cook Thai Mahi-Mahi with Red Curry
- 2 pounds mahi-mahi fillets, cut into serving pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 pound onions; finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic; finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Jaggery (Thai palm sugar)
- 1 1/3 pound tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup fish stock.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan or wok and saute the shrimp paste and the curry paste for a couple of minutes.
- Add to wok onion and garlic and saute until soft.
- Add sugar, chopped tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next, add the coconut milk, fish broth and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes; drizzle the lemon juice.
- Place the fish pieces to the wok and continue to cook another 5 - 6 minutes, then taste for salt.
- Remove wok from heat, stir in chopped cilantro.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and serve the Thai Mahi-Mahi with Red Curry over steamed or boiled white rice.
The Thai Mahi-Mahi with Red Curry
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Thai Mahi-Mahi with Red Curry serves/makes: 6 servings
The Thai Mahi-Mahi with Red Curry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mahi-Mahi
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew