4 - 6 servings
How to cook Thai Noodle Salad with Crispy Fish
- For the Spicy Lime Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons Thai red chili paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- For the Noodle Salad:
- 1 package Ramen noodles
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about a half of a small head)
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin 1 cup cut into matchsticks carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- For the Crispy Fish:
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds Pollock fillets
For the Spicy Lime Dressing:
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and let set while you prepare the salad.
For the Noodle Salad:
- Boil Ramen according to the package directions, without using the flavoring packet. Drain noodles, and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the block of noodles into quarters, and toss noodles to separate. Let cool.
- Once noodles have cooled, add remaining ingredients.
- Top with dressing and mix until well coated.
- Serve alone or top with crispy fish.
For the Crispy Fish:
- Preheat your oven’s broiler at high.
- In a small, flat-bottomed, bowl, mix together bread crumbs, paprika, garlic, red pepper, and salt.
- Cut the raw fish into bite-size chunks.
- A few pieces at a time, place fish in the breadcrumb mixture and coat fish with breadcrumbs.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, grease the foil with baking spray. Place the breaded fish pieces on the tray. Once all the fish pieces have been breaded and placed on the tray, lightly spray the top of the fish with a little more baking spray.
- Place fish in the oven and broil for 5 minutes, or until fish is cooked and flakey. (5 minutes works well for the Pollock because it is a very thin fillet, about 1/2 inch. If your fish fillet is thicker, you may need more time to cook the fish through.)
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 40 mins
This recipe can be a little difficult to cook but it's worth it to have amazing taste of Thai Noodle Salad with Crispy Fish!
This recipe for Thai Noodle Salad with Crispy Fish serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Thai Noodle Salad with Crispy Fish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Salad