How to cook Thai Sour Seafood and Vegetable Soup
- 7 ounces sea perch fillet
- 3 ounces prawns (shrimps)
- 3 ounces squid (calamari)
- 5 stems water mimosa
- 5 yard-long beans
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
For chili paste:
- 10 dried hot chilies
- 7 shallots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- Cut the clean sea perch fillet into slices.
- Wash shell, and vein the prawns, leaving the tail fans attached.
- Wash and clean the squid, cut into pieces, and score each piece.
- Pick off the tender young water mimosa stems and leaves. Wash these and cut into short pieces. Cut the clean yard-long beans into pieces an inch. Slice the leaves into pieces.
- Ground all the chili paste ingredients until mixed spoon it, to a pot, add water, and stir until the paste is well dispersed. Heat the contents of the pot to boiling, add the vegetables. When the pot comes to a boil again, put in the seafood. Add fish sauce and lime juice so that a sour taste dominates. When the soup comes to a boil once again, dip into a bowl and serve.
The Thai name for Sour Seafood and Vegetable Soup recipe is Kaeng Som Thale Ruam Mit
This recipe for Thai Sour Seafood and Vegetable Soup serves/makes: 4
The Thai Sour Seafood and Vegetable Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew