How to cook Thai Sour and Spicy Sea Perch Soup
- 1 whole sea perch (about 1 pound)
- 3 ounces rice-straw mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 stem of lemon grass, crushed and cut into short pieces
- 5 slices of galangal*
- 10 crushed hot chilies
- 4 crushed shallots
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 coriander plant
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 table spoon fish sauce
- 3 cups water
- Scale, clean, and wash the sea perch and cut into pieces.
- Place the water in a pot over medium heat and add the lemon grass, shallots, kaffir lime leaves torn into pieces, galangal, and chilies.
- When the water has come to a good boil, add the sea perch and the mushrooms.
- Add fish sauce and lime juice to taste, sprinkle with coriander greens, and serve hot.
The Thai name for Sour And Spicy Sea Perch Soup recipe is Tom Yam Pla Ka-Phong Khao
(Thai ka) - like other members of the ginger family used in Thai cooking, galangal's
pungent spiciness freshens the taste of seafood, making it a valued herb in seafood salads and soups.
This recipe for Thai Sour and Spicy Sea Perch Soup serves/makes: 4
The Thai Sour and Spicy Sea Perch Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew