How to cook Thresher Shark in Spicy Tangerine Marinade
- 2 pounds thresher shark, cut into four 8 ounces pieces
- 6 ounces orange juice
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, trimmed and washed
- 1 pound red garnet yams, peeled and sliced into disks, about 1/4-inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spicy Tangerine Marinade (see recipe below)
Spicy Tangerine Marinade Ingredients:
- Prepare the Spicy Tangerine marinade. Marinate thresher shark Spicy Tangerine marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Cook Thresher Shark on preheated barbecue grill for about 5 minutes per side. Place the remaining marinade in a small sauce pan, add orange juice and place on the grill, cook until it comes to a boil, set aside.
- Season Red Garnet Yams with Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, and grill for about 3 minutes per side or until tender.
- Divide fresh Spinach evenly on four plates. Place the grilled thresher shark and yams on the spinach and top with the Spicy Tangerine Sauce.
How to cook Spicy Tangerine Marinade
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine or orange zest
- 1 tablespoon thin soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon flavorless cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce
Combine all marinade ingredients and mix well.
This recipe for Thresher Shark in Spicy Tangerine Marinade serves/makes: 4
The Thresher Shark in Spicy Tangerine Marinade recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
The photo is submitted by Justin McCall - 2/3/12.
Main Ingredient: Shark
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled