How to cook Tomato Grouper Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds grouper fillets
- 8 ounces sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 2 (15 ounces each) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1 teaspoon ground savory
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Cut grouper fillets in pieces, approximately 2 x 2 inches; toss with paprika.
- Lightly oil large skillet with cooking spray; brown grouper fillets on medium-high until it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove from heat, set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet combine tomato sauce, mushrooms, thyme, marjoram and savory; simmer on medium-low heat until mushrooms are tender.
- Divide tomato sauce mixture evenly into four soup bowls; add cooked grouper fillets and top with green onions.
This recipe for Tomato Grouper Soup serves/makes: 4
The Tomato Grouper Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew