How to cook Tomato and Anchovy Salad
- 16 anchovy strips
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 large red onions
- Italian Salad Dressing (see the recipe below)
Italian Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- Slice tops and bottoms off tomatoes and cut center portions into 4 slices, approximately 1/2-inch thick.
- Slice tops and bottoms off onions and cut centers into 1/4-inch slices.
- Lay 3 tomatoes on each salad plate. Place onion slices over, then top with anchovy strips.
- Spoon Italian Salad Dressing over and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
How to cook Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Let the dressing sit in the refrigerator for a day.
The Tomato and Anchovy Salad recipe easy to prepare and so good!
With tomatoes and onions, the center slices look much better on the plate. The key to this salad is twofold: good ingredients - especially good and ripe tomatoes - and allowing the salad to marinate in the dressing for a few hours so that all the flavors mingle.
This recipe for Tomato and Anchovy Salad serves/makes: 4
The Tomato and Anchovy Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Salad