4 - 6
How to cook Tuna Bread
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce / 184-mL) cans tuna fish, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 potato, peeled and grated
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (340 g) grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) tarragon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Into a blender, mix together drained tuna fish, eggs, chopped celery, grated carrot, grated potato and milk, until smooth, with just a few lumps.
- Spoon mixture into a large bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix together whole wheat flour, grated Mozzarella cheese and tarragon into tuna fish/vegetables mixture.
- Evenly spoon mixture into a non-stick or sprayed with vegetable non-stick spray oven-safe mold.
- Bake into preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
When in a hurry, it is possible to blend the mixture by hand its texture will not be as smooth, but the bread will be just as good.
This recipe for Tuna Bread serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Tuna Bread recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Baked