How to cook Tuna Fish Patties
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce / 184 mL) cans tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Italian-style seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large green onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns (optional)
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
Cucumber Dill Sauce Ingredients:
- In a bowl, mix together drained tuna, beaten eggs, grated carrot, breadcrumbs, green onion dices, chopped parsley and pepper.
- Shape tuna mixture into 4 patties.
- In a large non-stick fry pan, heat olive or vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Fry patties for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- If desired, serve in hamburger buns, with lettuce leaves.
How to cook Cucumber Dill Sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) dried dill
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise and yogurt, until smooth.
- Well mix in chopped cucumber, minced green onion and dried dill.
- Set aside.
This recipe for Tuna Fish Patties serves/makes: 4
The Tuna Fish Patties recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed