How to cook Turbot Feta Cheese Shells
- 2 turbot fillets, into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 pound (227 g) freshly minced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) freshly chopped tarragon or
1 teaspoon (5 mL) dried
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 1 3/4 cups (440 mL) warm spicy tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) grated feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter into a large fry pan.
- Mix in turbot fillet pieces, minced shallots and mushrooms, tarragon and dry white wine.
- Cover with waxed paper bring to a boil, over medium heat.
- As soon as mixture starts to boil, remove fry pan from heat set aside for 1 minute.
- Remove fish pieces from fry pan reserve.
- Transfer fry pan back over heat heat for 2 to 3 minutes, over high heat.
- Stir in tomato sauce generously season with salt and pepper.
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes more, over high heat.
- Check for seasonings well mix in fish pieces.
- Arrange mixture into individual shells or dishes sprinkle with grated feta cheese.
- Broil for a few minutes.
This recipe for Turbot Feta Cheese Shells serves/makes: 4
The Turbot Feta Cheese Shells recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Turbot
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled