6 - 8
How to cook Turkish Baked Mullet with Vegetables
- 3 pounds mullet
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 potatoes, cut
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree (paste)
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 cup minced dill
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 lemons (1 sliced, 1 quartered)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and clean mullet thoroughly. Cut mullet into thick slices, cover with lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, then arrange in baking dish.
- Prepare vegetables. In a deep frying pan, heat olive oil and saute without browning. Add garlic, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and tomato paste diluted in a little sugar water.
- Simmer for a few minutes, then transfer to pan with fish.
- Pour remaining olive oil over pan.
- Cover with lemon slices and bake in oven at 350°F (180°C) for 40 minutes.
- Remove the baked mullet from oven. Remove lemon slices sprinkle with parsley and dill.
- Garnish the baked mullet with lemon quarters, and serve.
The Turkish Baked Mullet with Vegetables can be served hot or at room temperature.
Pompano, Spanish mackerel
are excellent substitutes for mullet.
This recipe for Turkish Baked Mullet with Vegetables serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Turkish Baked Mullet with Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
The photo is submitted by Diane - 10.05.09
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Baked