How to cook Turkish Fish Casserole (Balik Pilaki)
- 2 pounds gray mullet or sea bass fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 1/2 cups fish stock
- 1 potato, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 fresh ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Stir in the flour and pour in the stock.
- Bring to a boil, then add the fish, with the potato, carrot, tomato, and bay leaves.
- Season, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with lemon juice and parsley.
The Turkish Fish Casserole recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Turkish name for this recipe is Balik Pilaki
This recipe for Turkish Fish Casserole (Balik Pilaki) serves/makes: 6
The Turkish Fish Casserole (Balik Pilaki) recipe is adopted from The Turkish Cooking by Bade Jackson 1998.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered