4 - 6
How to cook Turkish Fish Stew (Balik Bugulama)
- 2 pounds fresh sardines or anchovies
- 1 onion, chopped very fine
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups fish stock
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Wash the fish and arrange in a large saucepan in alternate layers with the onion and herbs.
- Add seasoning to taste and pour in the stock.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve the Turkish Fish Stew with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
The Turkish Fish Stew recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Turkish name for this recipe is Balik Bugulama
This recipe for Turkish Fish Stew (Balik Bugulama) serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Turkish Fish Stew (Balik Bugulama) recipe is adopted from The Turkish Cooking by Bade Jackson 1998.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew