How to cook Turkish Fish with Onions and Tomatoes
- 1 pound red mullet or mackerel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 4 fresh tomatoes, skinned
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 bay leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Boiled new potatoes, to serve
- Preheat a 375°F (190°C) oven.
- Arrange the fish carefully in a large ovenproof dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and fry the onions and tomatoes gently for a few minutes. Pour over the fish with enough water to cover.
- Place the lemon rings and the bay leaves on top of the onion mixture, season, and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve the Turkish Fish with Onions and Tomatoes hot with boiled new potatoes.
The Turkish Fish with Onions and Tomatoes recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Turkish name for this recipe is Soganli Domatesli Balik
This recipe for Turkish Fish with Onions and Tomatoes serves/makes: 4
The Turkish Fish with Onions and Tomatoes (Soganli Domatesli Balik) recipe is adopted from The Turkish Cooking by Bade Jackson 1998.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Baked