4 - 6
How to cook Turkish Fried Turbot (Kalkan Tava)
- 2 pounds fresh turbot
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- If the fish is whole, first cut it into portions, then wash the portions thoroughly.
- About 20 minutes before serving, heat the oil in a large skillet and mix the flour and seasoning together on a plate.
- Dip the fish portions into the flour, making sure they are coated all over. Shake off the excess and fry until golden brown, turning once. Drain and place the portions in a warmed serving dish.
- Serve the Turkish Fried Turbot hot with lemon juice and parsley scattered over.
The Turkish Fried Turbot recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Turkish name for this recipe is Kalkan Tava
This recipe for Turkish Fried Turbot (Kalkan Tava) serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Turkish Fried Turbot (Kalkan Tava) recipe is adopted from The Turkish Cooking by Bade Jackson 1998.
Main Ingredient: Turbot
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed