How to cook Turkish Skewered Swordfish (Kilic Sis)
- 1 pound swordfish fillets, washed and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- Lettuce leaves, to serve
- Juice of 1 lemon, for sprinkling
- A few radishes, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bay leaves
- Ground black pepper
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl large enough to accommodate the swordfish pieces. Add the fish and leave, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat a hot broiler. Thread the swordfish, onion, and bell pepper pieces onto metal skewers alternately. Broil for 5 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with the marinade mixture.
- Serve the Turkish Skewered Swordfish hot, on a bed of lettuce leaves, sprinkled with lemon juice, and garnished with radishes.
The Turkish Skewered Swordfish recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Turkish name for this recipe is Kilic Sis
This recipe for Turkish Skewered Swordfish (Kilic Sis) serves/makes: 4
The Turkish Skewered Swordfish (Kilic Sis) recipe is adopted from The Turkish Cooking by Bade Jackson 1998.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled