4 - 6 servings
How to cook Ukrainian Marinated Herring Salad
- 1/2 pound marinated herring, drained
- 1 cup potatoes, cooked, diced
- 1 cup beets, cooked, diced
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 1/2 small Spanish onion, sliced
- Cream Dressing (recipe follows)
Cream Dressing Ingredients:
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Divide into individual servings and allow each person to apply Cream Dressing as desired.
How to cook Cream Dressing
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all sauce ingredients, stirring well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
The Ukrainian Marinated Herring Salad recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Salted, pickled, marinated, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Ukrainian Marinated Herring Salad serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Ukrainian Marinated Herring Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Salad