How to cook Venetian Whitefish
- 1 pound whitefish fillets
- 6 anchovies fillets, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Handful basil leaves, cut
- Stir fry the leek and garlic for 5 minutes in olive oil.
- Add the wine, the tomatoes and the anchovies fillets and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring this to the boil.
- Add the fish fillets, and cook 6 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Turn the fillets around and cook 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.
The Venetian Whitefish dish is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook. This recipe is from Veneto. Veneto is one of the 20 regions of Italy.
This recipe for Venetian Whitefish serves/makes: 4
The Venetian Whitefish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered