How to cook Vietnamese Abalone with Oyster Sauce
- 1 can abalone
- 1 pound round lettuce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups soup stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mix with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon chicken oil
- 6 tablespoons oil or lard
- Cut each lettuce into 4 halves lengthwise. Boil with 1 cup of soup stock. Add 3 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt and cook about 10 seconds. Drain out to a platter. Discard soup.
- Remove the abalone from can and slice into 1/8 inches thick round pieces. Boil in boiling water about 5 seconds.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in frying pan, pour in wine and add 1 cup soup stock immediately. Bring to a boil, add oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar. When it boils again, add abalone and cornstarch paste slowly stirring constantly. When liquid is thickened, add 1 tablespoon heated oil and sesame oil.
- Place the abalone attractively over the lettuce. Pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- Serve hot.
This recipe for Vietnamese Abalone with Oyster Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Vietnamese Abalone with Oyster Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered