4 - 6
How to cook Vietnamese Curried Frog Legs
- 4 to 6 double frog legs (about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 4 ounces fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 sprigs cilantro, root ends and most stems removed, to garnish
- Rinse, drain, and blot dry the frog legs thoroughly with paper towels. Then split them in half through the pelvic bone so you have single legs.
- Heat the oil in a wok or nonstick pan over high heat. Add the onion and ginger and stir-fry until the onion is just translucent and the ginger is crisp and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the frog legs, curry powder (sprinkled evenly), and fish sauce. Season with salt and pepper and stir-fry until the frog legs are cooked through and crisp on the outside, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with cilantro.
The Vietnamese Curried Frog Legs recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Vietnamese name for this recipe is Ech Xao Cari
Substitute 1 pound baby squid, cleaned and halved lengthwise, for the frog legs. In step 2, stir-fry the squid until cooked, 2 to 3 minutes.
This recipe for Vietnamese Curried Frog Legs serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Vietnamese Curried Frog Legs (Ech Xao Cari) recipe is adopted from The Authentic Vietnamese Cooking by Corinne Trang - 1999.
Main Ingredient: Wild Game
(more Wild Game
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed