How to cook Vietnamese Fried Fish with Tomato Sauce
- 1 slice bluefish or king mackerel (about 1/2 pound and 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 scallion, white part only
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons nuoc mam (Vietnamese fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Sprinkling of fresh ground black pepper
- Slice the garlic and scallion paper thin; combine and set aside. Cut the tomato into small dice and set aside.
- In a small frying pan, just large enough to accommodate the fish slice, heat the oil over a high flame and add the fish. Turn the heat down to medium and fry the fish on either side until well browned. Remove to a warm platter.
- Remove all the oil from the pan except for 2 teaspoons. Add the garlic and scallion and stir until brown. Add the diced tomato and stir; then add the fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly, then pour over the fish and serve hot with steamed white rice.
The Vietnamese Fried Fish with Fresh Tomato Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Vietnamese name for this recipe is Ca Chien Sot Ca
This recipe for Vietnamese Fried Fish with Tomato Sauce serves/makes: 2
The Vietnamese Fried Fish with Fresh Tomato Sauce (Ca Chien Sot Ca) recipe is adopted from The Authentic Vietnamese Cooking by Corinne Trang.
Main Ingredient: Bluefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed