6 - 8
How to cook Vietnamese Fried Grouper with Ginger Sauce
- 1 (about 2 pounds) whole grouper or sea bass, slit on both side
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons spring onions (scallions), finely chopped, to garnish
- 1/2 cup water or fish stock
- 1/4 cup Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 3 pieces shiitake mushrooms, julienned
- 2 pieces red chilies, julienned
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, julienned
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Rub salt and pepper on the fish, brush with oil, and broil the fish slowly on both side until fish is cooked.
- Combine the Ginger Sauce ingredients, simmer on low heat for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Place the fish on a serving plate, pour the sauce over the fish and garnish with spring onions.
The Vietnamese Fried Grouper with Ginger Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Vietnamese name for this recipe is Ca Mu Chien Voi Gung
Vietnam has always boast of its abundance of ocean and freshwater fish. Ginger and galangal have been used to impart their unique flavors to this dish.
This recipe for Vietnamese Fried Grouper with Ginger Sauce serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Vietnamese Fried Grouper with Ginger Sauce (Ca Mu Chien Voi Gung) recipe is adopted from The Food of Asia by Kong Foong Ling.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed