4 - 6
How to cook Vietnamese Pan Fried Carp with Hot Bean Sauce
- 1 whole live carp
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot bean paste or Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon brown vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, mix with 1/2 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Kill carp by striking a blow on the head (do not remove head or tail). Scale and clean. Cut 3 or 4 diagonal slashes 1/4 inch deep on each side.
- Heat frying pan, add oil. When oil is hot, add the fish and fry both side (each side a half minute). Push aside in the pan.
- Add the chopped ginger, garlic, hot bean paste into the frying pan and stir thoroughly. Add wine, soy sauce, salt, sugar and cold water. Place fish into sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
- When the sauce is reduced to half, add cornstarch paste. Stir until sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle vinegar, sesame oil and chopped green onion on top and serve.
This recipe for Vietnamese Pan Fried Carp with Hot Bean Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Vietnamese Pan Fried Carp with Hot Bean Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed