How to cook Vietnamese Snails Stuffed with Minced Pork
- 18 snails in shell
- 1 cup minced pork meat
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped wooden ear mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cellophane noodles
- 1 tablespoon diced shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 stalks lemongrass, cut in short lengths
- 1 cup fish sauce dip (Nuoc Mam Cham), to serve
- Boil (or steam) snails for 5 minutes. Remove the meat, mince, then mix together with the pork.
- Combine with mushrooms, noodles, shallots, lemongrass, salt and pepper to taste, and egg to bind the mixture.
- Stuff into shells and a small piece of lemongrass into each shell.
- Steam stuffed snails for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the Vietnamese Snails Stuffed with Minced Pork with fish sauce dip.
The Vietnamese Snails Stuffed with Minced Pork recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Vietnamese name for this recipe is Oc Nhoi Thit
Wood ear mushrooms are used, primarily for texture. However, any fresh mushroom that adds texture and flavor is a good substitute. Some dried varieties will also work.
This recipe for Vietnamese Snails Stuffed with Minced Pork serves/makes: 18 snails
The Vietnamese Snails Stuffed with Minced Pork (Oc Nhoi Thit) recipe is adopted from 'The Foods of Vietnam' by Nicole Routhier; copyright 1989, 2010.
Main Ingredient: Snails
Preparation Method: Steamed