How to cook Visayan Bolinaw Inun-onan
- 1 pound bolinaw (anchovies)
- 1 thumb size ginger, julienned
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorn (pamintang buo)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Finger chili or siling haba
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put everything in a pot then cook over medium heat allowing to simmer until the soup almost dry then turn off the heat.
- Serve the Visayan Bolinaw Inun-onan hot with steamed white rice.
The Visayan Bolinaw Inun-onan
recipe easy to cook and so good!
is a Visayan term for anchovy (dilis) while Inun-onan
is a Cebuano term for Paksiw
This recipe for Visayan Bolinaw Inun-onan serves/makes: 4 servings
The Visayan Bolinaw Inun-onan recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered