3 - 4 servings
How to cook Walleye Fillets in Whiskey-Ginger Sauce
- 1 pound walleye or saugeye fillets, cut into portion pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Flour for breating
- 3 inches fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 3 dried chili pepper
- 3 ounces Whiskey
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Pour lemon juice over the fish fillets. Marinate for about 5 minutes.
- Fish roll in flour and quickly fry in olive oil on both sides. Place on a plate.
- Mix whiskey, maple syrup and ginger. Preheat a frying pan with a small amount of olive oil, pour the sauce there, add chili pepper and keep on fire 15 seconds.
- Dip the fish in the whiskey-ginger sauce, season with salt, cover and simmer on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onion and serve the Walleye Fillets in Whiskey-Ginger Sauce hot
The Walleye Fillets in Whiskey-Ginger Sauce
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Walleye Fillets in Whiskey-Ginger Sauce serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Walleye Fillets in Whiskey-Ginger Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered