How to cook Walleye Fillets with Basil Scallion Butter
- 4 good sized walleye fillets (about 6 - 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound salted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup diced scallion tops
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 fresh tomato, seeded, chopped
- Rinse walleye fillets under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Butter 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Combine 1/2 pound butter, mustard, basil, parsley and scallions.
- Cream until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Place fillets in prepared baking dish and pour 4 tablespoons melted butter and water over fillets.
- Bake until golden-brown, or until fillets flake easily with fork.
- Transfer fillets to serving platter, bathing generously with seasoned butter.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomato and serve the Walleye Fillets with Basil Scallion Butter hot.
The Walleye Fillets with Basil Scallion Butter is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Walleye Fillets with Basil Scallion Butter serves/makes: 4 servings
The Walleye Fillets with Basil Scallion Butter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Fish Traditions: Member Recipes.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Baked