4 - 6 servings
How to cook Walleye Nuggets
- 2 fresh walleye fillets
- 3 cup Kellogg’s corn flake crumbs
- 2 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 3 fresh eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut walleye fillets into one-inch cubes.
- Scramble the eggs and milk in a bowl, and drop in the walleye chunks.
- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 350°F.
- Mix the corn flake crumbs and old bay seasoning into a bowl.
- Remove the walleye from the egg mixture and dredge in the crumb mixture.
- Fry the walleye in the oil until they float (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain, then serve.
The Walleye Nuggets recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
(Sander vitreus, formerly Stizostedion vitreum) is a freshwater perciform fish native to most of Canada and to the northern United States. It is a North American close relative of the European pikeperch. The walleye
is sometimes also called the yellow walleye
to distinguish it from the blue walleye
, which is an extinct subspecies formerly found in the southern Great Lakes.
This recipe for Walleye Nuggets serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Walleye Nuggets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried