How to cook Walleye or Saugeye with Fruit and Wine
- 1 or more walleye or saugeye fillet cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 fresh peach or pear, sliced
- 1 lemon wedge
- Splash of dry white wine (sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, etc.)
- Create an egg wash with one beaten egg with a bit of water.
- In another bowl, mix the Panko bread crumbs, almond meal, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°F.
- Coat each fillet in the egg wash and then the bread crumb mixture.
- Fry the fish in a frying pan with 2 tablespoons butter and the canola oil.
- When the fish is golden brown, place on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Put the plate into the oven to keep the fish warm.
- Put the remaining butter in the frying pan along with the juice from the lemon wedge.
- Saute the peach or pear slices. Mix in a bit of the white wine and allow the wine to reduce.
- Finally, pour the peach or pear slices and the butter and wine sauce over the fish fillets.
- Serve the Walleye or Saugeye with Fruit and Wine immediately while hot.
The Walleye or Saugeye with Fruit and Wine is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Walleye or Saugeye with Fruit and Wine serves/makes: 2 servings
The Walleye or Saugeye with Fruit and Wine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed