How to cook Walleye with Garlic and Wine Sauce
- 2 good sized walleye fillets (about 6 - 8 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Flour, for dredging
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small diced tomato
- About 1/2 pound linguini, cooked, to serve
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Garlic Wine Sauce:
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken bouillon, heated
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Lemon pepper
- Season both sides of the walleye with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Coat both sides of the walleye fillets with flour. Heat the butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the walleye on one side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Turn the fillets over and cook until fish is opaque and cooked through. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the garlic, sliced mushrooms and diced tomatoes to the fish pan and cook until mushrooms are golden and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the bouillon, wine and lemon pepper and simmer until thickened and reduced. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish the Walleye with Garlic and Wine Sauce with lemon wedges and serve over linguine and top with the pan sauce.
The Walleye with Garlic and Wine Sauce is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Walleye with Garlic and Wine Sauce serves/makes: 2 servings
The Walleye with Garlic and Wine Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed