4 - 6 servings
How to cook Walleye with Lemony Dill Butter
- 1 1/2 pounds walleye or sauger fillets
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 lemons
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice up one of the lemons and set aside.
- Tear off four sections of heavy duty aluminum foil, large enough to accommodate one serving of the fish in one layer and be made into a folded-over pocket.
- Put a couple small pats of butter on each piece of foil.
- Place the fillets on top of the butter and season them with Old Bay Seasoning. Melt the rest of the butter in a small pan and squeeze a lemon into it, and then add about 3/4 of the dill and 3/4 of the parsley.
- Simmer this mixture for about 5 minutes. Pour the butter mixture over the fillets, scatter the capers over them, then sprinkle with dill, parsley and Parmesan and place the reserved sliced lemon on top of the fillets.
- Fold up the foil to make a package for each serving.
- Use a fork to make a couple small holes in the top of each so steam can escape.
- Bake at 375°F for about 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the fillets.
- Served the Walleye with Lemony Dill Butter hot with pasta and additional Parmesan.
The Walleye with Lemony Dill Butter is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Walleye with Lemony Dill Butter serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Walleye with Lemony Dill Butter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Baked