How to cook Walnut-Crusted Sea Perch (Rockfish)
- 1⅓ to 1½ pounds sea perch (rockfish) fillets
- 1½ to 2 cups walnuts (preferably freshly shelled), chopped
- Oil for frying
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour, for breading
- Seasoning for fish to taste
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the fish into serving size portions.
- Beat up egg with a fork, and add salt and seasoning for fish.
- Dredge each piece of fish in flour, dip in beaten eggs, then coat in chopped walnuts.
- In a large skillet heat oil and fry perch, over medium heat, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the Walnut-Crusted Sea Perch with your choice of fresh vegetables or salad.
- Goes well with mashed potatoes as a side dish.
The the Crunchy Walnut-Crusted Salmon
(Rockfish) recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
To remove the papery bitter skins from the walnut pieces blanch them for several minutes in boiling water.
This recipe for Walnut-Crusted Sea Perch (Rockfish) serves/makes: 4 servings
The the Walnut-Crusted Sea Perch (Rockfish) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed