How to cook White Miso Baked Halibut with Shiitake
- 6 Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 pound white miso
- 2 large sweet potatoes parboiled, cooled, and diced in small pieces
- 2 pounds spinach cleaned and stemmed
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms cleaned and quartered
Sauce for Vegetables: (mix 3 to 1)
- 3 parts sweet black vinegar
- 1 part sesame seed oil Sauce for Fish:
- 2 cups fresh carrot juice
- 1 cup fresh apple juice green apple
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger juice
- 2 ounce of butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Marinate the Alaskan halibut fillets overnight in a coconut mule, honey, white miso mixture.
- Remove the Alaskan halibut fillets from the marinade and drain the excess marinade.
- Pour a little vegetable oil in a Teflon pan and set the halibut fillets until golden brown on each side.
- When ready, finish the halibut fillets by placing them in a 350°F (180°C) oven and baking for 10 minutes.
- In a hot saute pan, coated with vegetable oil, saute the sweet potatoes until golden brown.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable sauce to taste and the spinach.
- Season to taste, then set it aside and keep warm.
- Mix all of the juices together.
- Reduce the mixture by 3/4 and finish with butter and chives.
- Place the Vegetable Mixture in the center of the plate.
- Place the baked halibut fillet on top and pour the sauce around the vegetables and halibut .
This recipe for White Miso Baked Halibut with Shiitake serves/makes: 6
The White Miso Baked Halibut with Shiitake recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Baked