How to cook Wrapped Pomfret Delight
- 2 whole pomfret (about 1/2 pound)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh coconut, grated
- Dried red chilies to taste
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tablespoon amchur (dried mango powder) or lime juice or kokum
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt, to taste
- Lime juice, to tenderize fish
- Banana leaf to wrap fish (you may use aluminum foil)
- Edible oil
- Clean and slit fish make gashes on the body not cutting through the fish. Rub salt and lime juice on fish. Leave for 15 minutes.
To make masala:
- In a blender blend coriander, green chilies, grated coconut, amchur, onions and 3 cloves of garlic to a coarse paste.
- Finely chop garlic and ginger.
- Pat dry fish and rub pounded dried red chilies and the chopped garlic ginger and black pepper.
- Stuff the fish with masala paste and rub remaining masala on fish.
- Wrap fish in banana leaf and refrigerate overnight.
To cook pomfret:
- You make bake the fish in an oven wrapped or open the wrapping and fry on a tawa adding oil if necessary.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
This recipe for Wrapped Pomfret Delight serves/makes: 2 servings
The Wrapped Pomfret Delight recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pomfret
Preparation Method: Baked