4 appetizer servings
How to cook Yellow Perch Cocktail Style
- 1 pound yellow perch fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 lemon, sliced
- Seafood Cocktail Sauce (see the recipe below)
Seafood Cocktail Sauce Ingredients:
- Boil water with salt and lemon added in a 3-quart pan.
- Reduce the heat to about medium and add the perch pieces.
- Cook for several minutes, until fish is opaque and beginning to curl up.
- Remove the fish and drop it into iced water.
- When fish has cooled completely, drain and serve the Yellow Perch as an appetizer with Seafood Cocktail Sauce as you would shrimp.
How to cook Seafood Cocktail Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1/2 small can of reduced cream (or 1/2 cup fresh cream)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce (optional)
- Pinch of basil
- Finely chopped parsley
- Dash of Tabasco
- Clove of crushed garlic (optional)
- Pepper and sea salt to taste
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a blender.
- Season to taste.
The Yellow Perch Cocktail Style is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Yellow Perch Cocktail Style serves/makes: 4 appetizer servings
The Yellow Perch Cocktail Style recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Appetizer