How to cook Zeppole With Anchovy
- 16 anchovy fillets
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 package yeast
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 cups oil
- Mix flour, yeast, salt, and water.
- Let rest in refrigerator.
- After dough rests for about 2 hours, divide dough into 16 pieces.
- Place an anchovy in your palm.
- Fold dough over and make a ball. In heavy pot, heat oil.
- Add to hot oil and cook until golden brown.
Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
Zeppole or Italian doughnuts are a form of light, fried doughnuts in Neapolitan Italian cuisine. Their consistency ranges from light puffs to bread- or pasta-like.
This recipe for Zeppole With Anchovy serves/makes: 16 zeppole
The Zeppole With Anchovy recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Baked